Monday 17 September 2012

Internet Marketing Tips - No Time To Wash Your Hair?

Internet Marketing Tips - No Time To Wash Your Hair?

By Steven Wagenheim

So here I am, I have to go out tonight, which means I've got to find some time to wash my hair TODAY. But I have this article to write. And then there's that new site I want to work on. And then there's all those webmasters I want to contact about a syndication deal. And then there's...

Hold the phone damn it! Can somebody PLEASE give me another 24 hours in my day so I can get all this stuff done?

Isn't that the way it is for you? You've got all this stuff that you REALLY want to get done but you just don't have enough hours in your day to do it. And forget about washing your hair. It's just going to have to stay dirty.

Well, before you give up on civilization, you might want to read the rest of this article. See, by the time this day is done, I will have not only written this article and washed my hair (tonight I'm going out with the Mrs.) but I will have complete everything else that I wanted to complete today. And if I don't?

So what?

You heard me. So what?

Ah, have I gotten your attention yet? You see, this article ISN'T what you thought it was going to be about. You thought I was going to give you some lecture on how to organize your day so that you can get everything done that has to get done. Well, you'd be wrong. This article is about something a lot more important.

It's called living. It's called "tomorrow is another day."

I've seen it way too often. In fact, I've lived the rat race myself way too often. And yes, just because you're not working for the man doesn't mean it's not a rat race. You're still in a race with yourself. Every single day is more of the same "I have to get this done or my business will suffer." And then you work yourself into a tizzy. I did it. Heck, I was the king of the 14 hour days.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have said "screw it" and taken my time. I still would have gotten to where I got eventually. Just maybe not as fast. But I would have actually enjoyed my life a little more than I did in the process.

Do you have any idea what it's like to start work at 7 AM and not stop until 9 PM or later? I do. It was NOT fun. Sure, the rewards were nice and quick. But the toll it took on me was substantial to say the least.

I was NOT a well puppy for a long time.

Two years ago, I essentially retired. The last two years of my life I have felt better than the seven years before it when I was working myself ragged. In fact, this is probably the best I've felt since I was a little kid. And I'm no spring chicken anymore.

These days, even going back to work "full time" mainly out of boredom, I still don't work more than 4 to 6 hours a day with nice breaks in between. By the time I'm finished for the day, I've hardly broken a sweat. And ironically, things STILL get done. No, I don't do as much as I did when I first started, but I get enough done to be productive and show results. And I'm actually having FUN.

Do you know what the key is to being successful with your marketing? It's not spending 14 hours a day doing it. It's making sure that every minute that you DO spend on it is productive. It's staying away from all the nonsense. There are so many activities that are just a waste of time.

For example, how many of you spend countless hours checking your stats, whether it be ClickBank or analytics or whatever? What for? Why not just check them ONCE each day at the end of the day to see where you stand? Keep a running tab on things so you can chart trends. This way, you're spending maybe 10 minutes at the very end of the day, if that.

Email is another time waster. I check my email ONCE each morning. Know why? Because my autoresponder message specifically tells people that I will reply within 24 hours. So they know not to expect anything until the next day. You don't have to constantly check your email and reply to a message within 5 minutes. People don't expect you to be stationed at your PC 24/7. And if they do, too bad. It's not reasonable to expect that from anybody.

But the biggest time waster of all is doing things yourself that could be done by others. I used to insist on creating my own squeeze pages. Finally I said the heck with it and hired a great designer to make some for me. And that was just the start. I plan on hiring a lot of people to do a lot of things for me in the future when I start branching out into non Internet marketing related niches. Yeah, Wags is gonna start selling hamsters or whatever.

Life is too short people. It's too short and it's too fragile. You don't want to spend half of it being a slave to your business and then waking up one day and saying to yourself, "Where did it all go and what did I do?" I was a slave to MY business for way too long but no more. There's a better way.

So please, do yourself a favor. Whatever you're doing now, STOP. Sit back and think about how you're spending your time. Is it productive? Is it too much time? Is it something that could be done by others? Are you working as efficiently as possible? If the answers to any of these questions aren't ones that you're happy with it's time to reevaluate what you're doing.

I did.

And I even have time to wash my hair.

To YOUR Success,

Steven Wagenheim

Want to start really getting your act together with a great step by step business plan? Get my 4 Steps To Business Success and you'll be on your way

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Steven_Wagenheim
http://EzineArticles.com/?Internet-Marketing-Tips---No-Time-To-Wash-Your-Hair?&id=7280365

0 comments:

Post a Comment