Wednesday 29 August 2012

Top 10 Ideas For Creating Compelling Blog Posts

Top 10 Ideas For Creating Compelling Blog Posts


By Harry Hoover

I often get stuck for a blog post idea. Do you? The 10 tips below may help you - as they do me - come up with solid ideas to break your writer's block.

Stir It Up. Surely there is someone in your business with whom you disagree violently. Write a passionate post outlining why you disagree.

Trot Out The Experts. You probably have identified people in your business that you respect. Others in your field would probably like to know what they are thinking about, as well. Do a series of interviews with these experts.

Pardon My Dust. I often go into the archives of my blog to find inspiration. I have taken popular posts on a single subject, or overlooked posts and pulled them together to present them as a new post.

Go Weekly. Since 2010 I have been doing a weekly post on the topic of creativity. I find the top 5 creativity-related stories of the week and curate them. From that, I often do the Top 50 Creativity post and then a year-end post, featuring all of that year's links.

At Random. This link takes you to a random idea generator. When I just tried it, I got the following three words: peaceful, never-ending, lingerie. I can't wait to write that post.

Odd Numbers. I like using odd numbers to write tips articles. For some reason, odd-numbered pieces seem to be more popular with my readers. So, write a piece that gives 5, 7, 9 or 11 tips in an area where you have expertise. I have written 2010's Top 5 Creativity Links, Top 11 Free Resources To Improve Your Blog Content and even Top 19 Free Photo Resources For Bloggers.

Supernatural Inspiration. People seem to like supernatural topics, so I recommend selecting a science fiction or horror topic and marry it with your business. I wrote a piece called What Marketers Can Learn From Zombies.

I Learned My Lesson. Surely, something has happened in your personal or professional life from which you learned an important lesson. Post it up.

Don't Know Much About History. Write something about an historic figure from your profession. I did a piece on PR pioneer Edward Bernays. Or, write a piece on a current topic from the viewpoint of a figure from history. How about "What Would Leonardo da Vinci Think Of Facebook?"

By The Numbers. Look at your blog's analytics to determine which keywords are generating traffic. Use that information to develop a keyword-based post.

Harry Hoover is a partner in My Creative Team. He has 30 years of experience in crafting and delivering bottom line messages that ensure success for serious businesses like Duke Energy, Lowe's, National Gypsum, Nucor and Rubbermaid.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Harry_Hoover


http://EzineArticles.com/?Top-10-Ideas-For-Creating-Compelling-Blog-Posts&id=7231666







0 comments:

Post a Comment